martes, 8 de junio de 2010

task 9

I don't know if this is my favourite photograph, but I know it represents one of the things I love the most in my life. I'm scout since I was 10, and now I am guide of children between 15 and 17 years. I don't really know who took the photo, but it was taken last summer, and on it appear all the children members of Intichinkay (the name of our ruta) in Calen, a town in Chiloé where we did our last summer camp. There we work with the local kids, making activities and games for developing their expresivity and care for enviroment.
I like it because of many reasons, the firt one is that the group on the picture was particularly difficult to working with the last year, we had a lot of troubles during the year, but then in the summer, it was as it was all right, like if we had have an intense year, with a lot of advances, so, despite it wasn't like that during the year, in the summer they make incredible advances, they show us they care about the group, that they had a commitment and principally, that they wanted to live the service, that is essencial on this scout unit. The most important thing on Intichinkay is to belive in freedom, frienship, commitment and humility, and to apply this to the community life, and serving inside the community and outside of it, trust in the reciprocity.
The second reason why I like it is because we were doing and amazing job in Calen, it was a really small town, with like 50 people, and despites it wasn’t what we were expecting (we only work with like 10 kids, and we were waiting like 40) it was a great experience.




1 comentario:

  1. Very good, Trini.

    Just some comments.

    "Children" is plural, so you say, "APPEAR". Also after a preposition use a verb in -ing.- "For DEVELOPING.... ".

    This should be, " it was (like) AS it was all right, like if we had have an intense year, with a lot of advances, so, despite(s) it wasn't like that during the year,..."

    "The second reason (because) WHY I like it is ..."

    Additionally the preposition for CARE IS "FOR".

    The verb is "Expecting".

    2 POINTS.

    Paula

    ResponderEliminar