martes, 22 de junio de 2010

task 11

My blogging Experience

When I knew I had to write a blog I didn’t think like.. what a great thing! But now that I think about it, I have enjoyed a lot writing the blog, for many reasons. In first place, I have liked it because I think it has been the most usefull thing for learning english during the semester, it has made me think about many things I’m used to talk about, but in a different lenguage, with different concepts, and present me the challenge of translating opinions or points of view, what has been dervy difficult for me. In second place I have liked a lot the topics that we have written of, especially the last ones, because at the begining we write a lot about the career, and it was boring because when you have been all the day thinking and listening about anthropology, you don’t want to think about that, and in a different lenguage, but then, we start writting about interesting things, like our likes, experiences, and things that I love to talk about. Despites I didn’t like writting about anthropology, I think it was important to, because translating academic concepts, and explaining complex ideas, for me, the most difficult thing of using english.

Using this king of topics, the academic and the nonacademic ones, is very usefull for learning english. The first ones, because, like I just said, thinking in theoretical terms in english (or in any not-native lenguage) is really difficult, at least for me, because finding the exact concept that you need is not easy. In the other hand, the nonacademic topics, were important for learning too, because makes you not only to translate, but to think everyday things in english.

Like I have said, there are many advantages of writting a blog, and it is really usefull for the incorporation of the lenguage. Maybe a disadvantage is that, for those that don’t have a good english level is, maybe, much more difficult that for those who already knew at least a little of english, because it’s like a personal process, and the teacher help you when you need it, but it is still difficult.

So, writting the blog has been a good and usefull experience for me.

4 comentarios:

  1. I also have enoyed this experience. It's a really goo way to learn more english words.
    See you in next level of English!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I enjoy the experience as well, and you’re right, I think, talking about different topics, not just the “book smart” one`s help us to improve our English in different areas and in different aspects (as vocabulary).
    Take care.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Well, trini, I whink we have learned a lot about english in blogs. You are a good blogging-partner.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Good job,

    This is the marking criteria:

    Task: 3 pts, lexis: 2.5 pts, Grammar: 2.5 pts= 8pts

    Final grade: 6.5

    More comments in class.

    Paula

    ResponderEliminar